So you are tasked with finding a great flower shop to deliver some beautiful flowers for an upcoming event, but unfortunately it’s in a city where you aren’t familiar with all the best local florists.
Choosing a local florist is a little tricky if you aren’t sure what to look for. Here are a few tips to get you going in the right direction.
Online reviews are an easy place to start, but once you’ve narrowed it down to just a few that look good, you’ll want to take a little closer look—and these guidelines can help you find the best floral designer for your special occasion.
1) Do they mention that they are an independent flower shop, and make all their own designs?
2) Are the pictures on their website of their own work? (People ask us sometimes, and we’re happy to say “Yes!”).
3) Do the photos look oddly “doctored” somehow, or like real life arrangements?
4) Does the website have a generic feel, rather than the look of a true local business?
5) Do they have a blog where you can get to know and trust them a bit before ordering? (That’s a bonus!)
6) Are they active on social media? Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest are popular with florists who are proud of the work they do. You should be able to find them easily.
7) Are their reviews favorable, with real photos uploaded from customers?
8) Can you call them directly? If you find a small local business, the person who answers the phone could possibly the same person who will be arranging your flowers. That’s a huge win for you, since you can ask a bit about what’s on today’s menu.
Hope that helps, and good luck with your search for your new favorite local florist! If you are looking for flowers to be delivered in central Austin, we’re always here to help.